Wednesday 3 November 2010

Lesley's Week

Hello everyone, Lesley here. I've hijacked Sarah's blog for the next few days whilst the Stamp Addicts team are at the NEC. Do pay them a visit if you can and check out Vicky's fabulous mobile. No not a phone, I mean a hanging mobile made from the Pear stencil.

You can purchase the Pear stencil at the show. Don't forget to take your key fob if you are a Stamp Addicts Member.

I thought I'd show you a few Christmas card ideas using stamps from one of my favourite companies, Printworks.

The first one uses a cute Snowman coloured with alchol-based markers, layered onto a Nellie Snellen die cut. I love this die set. It's a little different from the usual scallop dies without being too fancy.

The base card has been embossed with a cuttlebug embossing folder. We have some really nice Christmas ones to choose from in store.

Love in Your Heart Snowman

The second card features a Poinsettia which has been stamped twice onto a card scrap and coloured with distress reinkers (Barn door, worn lipstick and curshed olive) and a waterbrush.
I like using the re-inkers in this way and also to make my own customer multi-colour inkpads. This is what I have used to stamp the leafy flourish.

Simply cut a square of cut n dry felt (not foam) and drip the re-inkers on to it in a random fashion. Store in a zip-loc bag and it will stay wet for months.
You can see another example of this technique being used on my card in the Best of British supplement included with this month's Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine.

I hope you can join me on The Purple Zone again tomorrow when I will show you some more of Printwork's snowmen.

Lesley

No comments: