Thursday 19 March 2009

Patera TV Show


This is one of the first pieces I made using the Easy Peasy Books with the Patera and JudiKins Fluxe Enameling Resin powder.
The Easy Peasy books are . . . . easy peasy. Just cut or punch out the images you want to use and glue them inside the Patera. There are co-ordinating pages of images and acetate, I have used both as the words were split between the layers.
Now when I first started using all these products together I didn't exactly follow the instructions I was given. I was told that you need to fix your image into the Patera and allow it to dry before you fill with Fluxe and cook.
I thought . . . why do I need to stick it down, surely the weight of the powder will hold it down and fix it in position . . . well not exactly, but kind of. The layers lifted slightly and separated so I have some pieces that look to have more depth than others because of the Fluxe between the layers. So I started sticking them with Diamond Glaze and leaving them to dry before adding the Fluxe. But I am impatient so I then tried Fluxe before the DG had dried. This gives a strange wet look around the edge of the image because the Fluxe seeps underneath.
When filled with Fluxe put in the oven at 150oc for between 5 and 20 minutes, depending on the size of the piece. Remember to put on the edge of some cardboard if it has an overhanging loop.
More jewellery to follow.

No comments: