Monday 26 November 2007

Hobbycrafts Fashion Show



If you missed us at the Hobbycrafts show at the NEC a couple of weeks ago here are a couple of photos of our outfit that was in the fashion show.

Jo and Vicky toiled for hours over the dress and I helped where possible but my many skills don't extend to needlework. And of course the tags made by the customers during our Craft In Pink weekend - this all went towards helping us raise £1295 for Breast Cancer Care.

The bodice and the hat are covered with petals which are glued on. The skirt is covered with all the handmade tags. This used to be my wedding dress before we cut off the sleeves and took up the skirt at the front. As I couldn't find my original underskirt we made a new one with pink netting.

We probably won't know if the dress won in its category until February, fingers crossed!

No comments: